Wednesday, February 12, 2014

familiar


I recognize God's voice like I do the voice of anyone I talk to a lot. A new friend is going to have to identify herself the first few times she calls me, but then I'll recognize her voice and the kinds of things she talks about.

Suppose June loves shopping and hates squash. If someone calls up and says, "Hey, it's June. Wasn't that a great squashl game?" I'd know it is someone other than June, because that's just not what June is into.

It's like that with God, too. I recognize Him by the way He talks to me and what He says. If what I'm hearing doesn't sound like His personality and character, then I know it can't be Him talking. That's why people who want to hear from God need to develop an in-depth knowledge of the Bible. It's there we find out what He loves, what He hates, what is dear to His heart.
-

Elder C D Brooks during his very active years in the Ministry shared with me his favorite verse Jeremiah 15:16 ' Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O Lord God of hosts.'
May we pay attention to what He tells us all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment