Sunday, September 17, 2017

faith


Wow, life gets busy in a hurry. In the last six years of my life, I have gone from the college bachelor to a married man with two children. As a young parent, I often stop and think about what has caused me to make some of the decisions that I make. Do I make decisions because I am stepping out in faith, or are my decisions formed from habit? As a new dad, I have come to realize my children will follow my example, and I want them to see me as a man of faith.

Every day, I get to wake up and experience the lives that God has entrusted to me. I am entrusted with raising my children to be servants of Christ and, in all things, have faith. Romans 5:2 says, "Because of our faith, Christ has brought us into this place of underserved privilege where we now stand, and we confidently and joyfully look forward to sharing God’s glory." Sometimes I just stop in awe because I realize the absolute JOY that having my little family brings to me.

Having kids can be scary, intimidating, and overwhelming, but because of my role as a dad and living life with kids, my faith in God has grown stronger. Every day I am reminded through my children to have faith in Jesus. When we have faith in Jesus, we are able to go out each day knowing that no matter what may come, we can handle it because God can handle it.

One great verse I challenge you to remember is Philippians 4:13: "I can do all things through Him who gives me strength." All things! Now that’s faith!!!  Romans 5:1-3

Prayer: Lord, let my trust in you guide my thoughts and actions today. Help me to be a light in your world and show love to your children. Father, lead me to understand your ways. In Christ alone, I pray.
-corey bolen

No comments:

Post a Comment