Tuesday, December 4, 2018

? rock


"...The LORD is just! He is my rock! There is nothing but goodness in him!" (Psalm 92:15)

I often refer to my husband as "my rock." I place him under this classification because he has been a steady source of strength throughout our nineteen year marriage. During times I was upset from disturbing phone calls, he was there to remind me that joy is within, and there is no sense in letting someone else's opinions disrupt the peace which God has already given me. He was also there to comfort me when dealing with two teens was becoming a bit too stressful. "Take a break," he'd say. "Go for a nice long walk, and get some fresh air, and you will feel better." You know what? He was right!

My husband has been there through thick and thin, and every step along the way, and for this, I am deeply appreciative. However, he is still only an earthly man, and no human being is perfect, or free from sin.

There is another "Rock" in my life, and His name is Jesus Christ, the Son of God. In the midst of the deepest sin and despair, the Lord did not abandon me, but held out His hand and said, "Come. Let me help you." Like a loving Father, He took me in to His tender embrace, showering me with the love I so desperately needed. His love radiated truth and wisdom, and I knew this is exactly what I required. Today, God continues to be my "Rock;" my strong foundation. I now know that no matter what I shall encounter in my life, He will be there right by my side.

Today, if you are feeling overwhelmed with a difficult life situation, won't you hand it all over to God, and let Him take control? With God at your side, you are never alone!
-melanie schurr

No comments:

Post a Comment