Thursday, September 19, 2019

how...

O Lord God, You are God, and your words are truth. Samuel 7:28

As I was getting a dish of the strawberries for my young granddaughter, I was thinking to myself, “I got these beautiful large strawberries on sale and they’ve been in the refrigerator for over a week. They’re getting moldy and are about on their last leg so they need to be eaten today or tossed out.”  

After rinsing the berries and cutting out any yucky parts, I took the bowl to the table, explaining, “There are only a few strawberries left, and I saved them for you! You can dip them in powdered sugar; it will be a yummy dessert after lunch today.”

Both were true, my thoughts and my words, although one was negative and the other kinda had a spin to it.

Theologians and scholars estimate there are more than seven thousand promises from God for us in the Bible. No spin, no twist, no hidden agenda. They are said straight-out. Whenever we read or hear any of them, we can trust its validity and truth.  
Test any of them and see. 
It really is all in how you say it, and God’s Words never says it any other way than perfectly.
That’s good news. 
-sally kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment