Thursday, May 21, 2020

...see

If my eyes could see what His eyes see, perhaps I would not be so quick to judge the brother who has a bad attitude, or the sister who always seems to be struggling. If my eyes could see what His eyes see I would see the pain that may have caused the bad attitude, and heightened the struggle.

If my eyes could see as His eyes see maybe I would be more patient with my children when they act like children. If my eyes could see as His eyes see, I would see the pain I have caused Him with my own childish behavior, and I could also see His patience with me.

If my eyes could see the things His eyes see, I would be less distressed over what is happening today, and more hopeful about what will happen tomorrow. If my eyes could see the things His eyes see, my heart would be full, and my resolve would be strong.

If my eyes could see like His eyes can see I would be more careful of who I condemn and less selective with who I forgive. I would ignore more offenses, and lower my defenses.

If my eyes could see what His eyes can see, I would say less and listen more. I would rush less and really participate more. I would argue less and understand more. I would demand less and accept more. I would criticize less and encourage more.

If my eyes could see as His eyes can see, I could see others the way He looks at me, and then I could live my life like He intends it to be.

"Lord, please grant my eyes to see more like You see, and less like I see. Open my eyes, Lord, and help me see!"
-tom norvell

No comments:

Post a Comment