Thursday, August 6, 2020

...remember

When you wake up in the morning where does your mind go? Is it the list of things that need to get done? Regrets of what happen the day before? Or perhaps before you get out of bed you reach for your phone to see what you missed out on while you were asleep? Nothing like a list of emails and notifications to greet you in the morning. 

What if instead of reaching for the phone or running through the to-do list we took a moment to pause to reflect on another list? How would the day unfold differently if it started from this point...

God, today I will remember...

1. You are eternal
You have always been and always will be. You see the beginning and end simultaneously; therefore, Your people can trust Your leading 1 Tim. 1:17

2. You are unchanging
You are the same yesterday, today, and forever. In Your eternal permanence we find stability and peace. Heb. 13:8

3. You are love
You know us best and still love us, in spite of our frailty and sin. Your love is incomprehensibly vast, measureless in its length, depth, width, and height. Eph. 3:17-19

4. You are wise
You are the source of all truth and wisdom. You give wisdom generously to all without finding fault. James 1:5

5. You are infinite
Your judgments are unsearchable, and Your ways are past finding out. Rom. 11:33

6. You are omnipresent
You are completely everywhere at all times. I am never alone. Psa. 147:5

7. You are faithful
You are my covenant-keeping God. You are always true to Your Word. Great is your faithfulness. 2 Tim. 2:13

8. You are gracious
In Christ Jesus, You deposited grace to my account when I was bankrupt and declared my debt paid in full by Your Beloved Son. Psa. 116:5

9. You are sovereign
You alone have all authority. You said "I am the first and I am the last; and beside Me there is no God." Isa. 44:6

10. You are majestic
Your holiness is beautiful beyond comprehension. Your glory is to marvelous for words. From all of eternity, You have been working wonders in creation, redemption, and providential care. Psa. 29:2

I choose to face whatever comes my way today with You, my glorious and awesome God. 
-elizabeth gunter

No comments:

Post a Comment