Tuesday, November 10, 2020

...arms

Some days have been "toughies", but I keep thinking about something I saw the other day.
I had to go to a store way on the other side of town, and I was in a hurry to get back home to make sure my mom was okay. (She is 94 years old and frail.) It seemed like the weight of the world was on my shoulders. Taking care of her is my honor and joy, but some days are just harder than others.
Then I saw something that changed everything.

I had to stop for a school bus to let the children off. A little boy, about 5 years old, needed to cross the road in front of me and his little back-pack was so heavy it was sliding off his shoulder. He was groaning and struggling a lot. But there to meet him, on the sidewalk... kneeling down with arms outstretched, was his dad.

All of a sudden, the child shouldered his burden and ran to his father with the most joyful expression and not a care in the world. His dad lifted him up and swung him around and back to the ground. They ran to their front door, hand in hand, sharing the heavy load.

It made me think how God is like that. Just when we can't take much more stress or bear another burden, He opens his arms and takes us in and lets us know that our burdens are lifted.
-ginger nielson

No comments:

Post a Comment