Tuesday, March 16, 2021

.......win

 "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight and the sin that so easily entangles us, and let us run with perseverance the race that is set before us."  (Hebrews 12:1)
 
Faith in Jesus Christ always seems to call for double action...
    repent and believe
    lay down evil and take up good
    throw off every sin and run with perseverance
The command is never one-sided.  It is never intended to make us empty with no refilling. 
 
What are the sins that weigh me down?  
Are they little things like selfishness and ingratitude?  
Things not big enough to totally disqualify me for the race, but annoying enough to slow me to a walk? 
 
Then let me lay them aside... not because the Christian life says I must get rid of things, but so I will be able to run!
 
 "Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize."  1 Cor. 9:24
-david langerfeld

No comments:

Post a Comment