Wednesday, February 8, 2023

.....neutral

Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. - Isaiah 43:1

It wasn't that long ago that I recall my daughter Lacey's car being stalled for some reason and me having to push it back into the driveway.  As I began to push, it wasn't long before I realized that she had not taken the car out of gear.  Despite my Herculean effort, the car wasn't going anywhere!  But after correcting her mistake, the car practically glided effortlessly back into the garage.  

I can't help but to think that's the way it is when we "relinquish" our lives over to God's Will.  Far too often I find myself telling God that I give Him control but leaving my life in gear.  By doing so, I'm in a sense, telling God to push me out of this mess but to do so by going only in a particular direction, depending upon which gear I have my life in at the time and where I choose to steer it.  

But God's will is more that just momentum.  If God is going to rescue us, we need to completely take our lives out of gear and relinquish complete control over to Him.

All we have to do is put our lives in neutral, get out from behind the steering wheel and let Him deliver us to where He wants us.
- glenn w. miller     

 

No comments:

Post a Comment