Thursday, March 16, 2023

....battle

 Spiritual warfare is real. Every day an unseen battle rages around us and in us.

To fight victoriously, we need to dress properly and carry the right weapons. Sounds simple enough. In Ephesians 6, the Word of God even tells us what to wear and what to fight with. However, the problem is that all the equipment is spiritual in nature and must be utilized by faith. 

Here are some suggestions for how to slip into your spiritual uniform. Pray...

  1. "Lord, I choose to put on the helmet of salvation today to guard my thinking. I desire to have godly thoughts, ones that please You and are in keeping with my identity in Christ. Romans 12:2 
  2. Thank You, Father, for the breastplate of righteousness, which helps to protect my heart and emotions from the influence of the Enemy. Proverbs 4:23 
  3. Enable me to establish godly affections. Galatians 5:22 
  4. I want to respond based on my being Your child, not based on my own desires. 
  5. Thank you also for the girdle of truth. I desire my whole life to be encircled with Your truth - I want to know it, live by it, and share it with others. 
  6. Help me to set aside time each day to meditate on Scripture. Father, wherever You send me, I want to wear the sandals of peace and be a peacemaker. Matthew 5:9
  7. Use me to bring others into reconciliation with You through the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Help me influence Christians to resolve their conflicts and become united in Him."
Our spiritual preparations make it possible for us to stand firm in the Lord. Did you remember to "get dressed" today?
- charles stanley

No comments:

Post a Comment