Tuesday, June 27, 2023

.....difference

One day Jesus will welcome us home, and we will hear the words “Well done, my good and faithful servant” Matthew 5:21 That is why the Bible reminds us, “So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up” Galatians 6:9.

I remember hearing the late Alan Redpath talk about a message he heard many years ago when he was a young accountant. The speaker was talking about having a saved soul but a lost life. In other words, it is possible for us to be saved and forgiven of our sin yet waste our lives by not serving the Lord.

Redpath kept thinking about the words “saved soul, lost life,” and he ultimately made a commitment to the Lord. He prayed, “Lord, I want to serve You. I don’t bring a lot to the table, but what I have is now Yours.”

Some Christians are basically throwing their lives away and living for themselves. Maybe that describes you. And maybe you think it’s too late and that God could never use you.

It isn’t too late for you to recommit your life to God and say, “Lord, I want my life to make a difference. You have given me something to do. You have given me certain abilities and talents, and I want to serve You. Whatever role You have for me, I want to be a part of what You’re doing.”

Don’t waste your life. If you will step forward and make yourself available, God will help you do what He has called you to do.
- greg laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment