Thursday, October 5, 2023

......before

You’re never more effective than when you’re on your knees!
Before you act on a risky decision . . . PRAY!
Before you make a life-altering move . . . PRAY!
Before you have that tense conversation . . . PRAY!
You won’t regret it. I never have. I never do. 

I regret only when I didn’t spend more time in prayer.
When faced with a daunting situation, it’s tempting to ignore it or to manipulate it for the outcome we want. But that isn’t God’s way! That’s why I’ve always loved the model we have in Nehemiah. For decades, his story has consistently encouraged me toward godward faithfulness and godly character.

You’ll recall Nehemiah was the Persian king’s cupbearer in Susa when Hanani told him Jerusalem’s walls were ruined and its gates were burned. Nehemiah 1:4 follows, “When I heard this, I sat down and wept. In fact, for days I mourned, fasted, and prayed to the God of heaven.” Time and again, that was Nehemiah’s response. When he faced a snarling difficulty, he didn’t immediately flee or fight.

No . . . he kneeled.

Prayer made him wait for God’s timing, quieted his heart for God’s direction, cleared his vision for God’s purpose, and activated his faith for decisive action.

Prayer will do the same for you.
- charles swindoll

No comments:

Post a Comment