Friday, April 5, 2024

....slipping

If I say, “My foot slips,” Your mercy, O Lord, will hold me up. In the multitude of my anxieties within me, Your comforts delight my soul. One thing I can say which no one can deny is that I'm a sinner. I've done wrong against God and my fellow man.

When the Father sent His Son to this world, it was not for the "righteous" but sinners Luke 5:32. Jesus came to seek and save those who were lost Luke 19:10. He did not come to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved John 3 :17.

I can rejoice therefore that God wants me saved. He wants YOU saved. He knows our imperfections, our flaws, our failings. Yes, He wants us sin-free, but only He can accomplish that, if we allow Him. Sometimes in trying to walk the straight and narrow way, my foot slips, but God, in His infinite mercy, holds me up. When my past wants to condemn me, God comforts my soul. My imperfections mock me, but God's perfection is placed on my behalf.

When I reflect on my "badness", God reminds me of His goodness. My eyes fill with tears, my heart beats that much faster, for the Sovereign of the universe, the infinite, unlimited, righteous, holy, and perfect God sees something in me and tells me to go on. I want to sing, to shout, to dance, to preach, to praise our Lord God Almighty, for He is incomparable, and He is the Saviour of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment