Tuesday, August 27, 2013

excuses


I'm not perfect. I have all kinds of problems. I don't know the Bible well enough. I have no ability. I don't have any gifts. I'm limited. I'm just not worthy.  Well, did you know that....

Moses stuttered.
David's armor didn't fit.
John Mark deserted Paul.
Timothy had ulcers.
Hosea's wife was a prostitute.
Amos' only training was in the school of fig-tree pruning.
Jacob was a liar.
David had an affair.
Solomon was too rich.
Abraham was too old.
David was too young.
Peter was afraid of death.
Lazarus was dead.
John was self-righteous.
Naomi was a widow.
Paul was a persecutor of the church.
Moses was a murderer.
Jonah ran from God's will.
Miriam was a gossip.
Gideon and Thomas both doubted.
Jeremiah was depressed and suicidal.
Elijah was burned out.
Martha was a worry-wart.
Did I mention that Moses had a short fuse?
So did Peter, Paul - well, lots of folks did.
 
God doesn't require a job interview for salvation. He's our Heavenly Father. He doesn't look at financial gain or loss. He knows who we are, what we are, what we've dnoe and loves us in spite of ourselves.
Satan wants us to look back and see our sins. 
God wants us to look back and see the cross and an empty tomb!
There are a lot of reasons why God shouldn't call us. But if we are in love with Him, if we hunger for Him, He'll use us in spite of who we are, where we've been, what we have done, or the fact that we are not perfect!
-author unkown

No comments:

Post a Comment