Friday, December 16, 2016

anniversary


Two older gentleman were talking and one said to the other, "You're having an anniversary soon, right?"

The other replied, "Yup, a big one... 20 years."

"Wow," said the other, "what are you going to get your wife for your anniversary?"

The other replied, "I'm giving her a trip to Australia."

"Wow, Australia, that's some gift!" said the other man. "That's going to be hard to beat. What are you going to do for your 25th anniversary?"

"Go back and get her."

My 20th anniversary has already passed, but maybe I can keep this mind as I
celebrate my 28th in a few months. :-) Truly, those of us who are
married
know that God has given us such a beautiful blessing. My wife has been by my side through good times and bad. She has been my confidante, my sounding board, my support, my closest friend for over two decades. She deserves a medal of some sort for all that I have put her through, despite the fact that I often fail to live up to the standard that has been set forth for me. What is that standard?

"Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself for it." (Eph. 5:25)

What a lofty goal for those of us who are husbands!

Christ, thank you for the love you have shown those of us who are a part of your church, and please help me to show that same level of love and sacrifice to the one who is so dear to my heart.

Have a great day! (by the way, husbands, I think the florist is still open if you hurry)

1 comment: