Saturday, March 25, 2017

home



"Say, Bill," a man said to his pal, "how do you like your new job?"

"It's the worst job I ever had."

"How long have you been there?"

"About three months."

"Why don't you quit?"

"No way. This is the first time in 20 years that I've looked forward to going away."

I feel the same way about living in this world. Sometimes people wonder why God didn't give us a "perfect" world in which to live. Of course, their idea of "perfect" means a world without pain, without suffering, without hatred, without all the things that sometimes make life miserable for us. Why couldn't God have made a better place for us?

I wouldn't dare attempt to explain it all in just a couple of short paragraphs, but I can say that living in this world with all of its trials and difficulties makes me look forward to going home. I look forward to the day when I will know no more suffering, but will rest in the arms of a loving Father. I look forward to the day when I don't see the consequences of sin all about me, but will enjoy the fellowship of God's family throughout all ages. Don't get me wrong -- life here is good, it's wonderful! But it can't compare with what waits for me. I'm looking forward to going home!

"In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am." (John 14:2-3, NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment