Friday, January 31, 2020

...calling

Jesus Calling was written to help people connect not only with Jesus, the living Word, but also with the Bible-the only infallible, inerrant Word of God. “The devotions . . . are meant to be read slowly, preferably in a quiet place with your Bible open," writes author Sarah Young. Today we introduce you to Jesus Calling: 50 Devotions for Peace, a collection of devotions with relevant Scripture verses, focused on the peace only Jesus provides.

Bring Me your weakness, and receive My Peace. Accept yourself and your circumstances just as they are, remembering that I am sovereign over everything. Do not wear yourself out with analyzing and planning. Instead, let thankfulness and trust be your guides through this day; they will keep you close to Me. As you live in the radiance of My Presence, My Peace shines upon you. You will cease to notice how weak or strong you feel because you will be focusing on Me. The best way to get through this day is step by step with Me. Continue this intimate journey, trusting that the path you are following is headed for Heaven. 


Psalm 29:11; Numbers 6:24–26; Psalm 13:5 

The Lord gives strength to His people; the Lord blesses His people with peace. — Psalm 29:11
Let Me bless you with My grace and Peace. Open your heart and mind to receive all that I have for you. Do not be ashamed of your emptiness. Instead, view it as the optimal condition for being filled with My Peace. 

It is easy to touch up your outward appearance, to look as if you have it all together. Your attempts to look good can fool most people. But I see straight through you, into the depths of your being. There is no place for pretense in your relationship with Me. Rejoice in the relief of being fully understood. Talk with Me about your struggles and feelings of inadequacy. Little by little, I will transform your weaknesses into strengths. Remember that your relationship with Me is saturated in grace. Therefore, nothing that you do or don’t do can separate you from My Presence. 

1 Samuel 16:7; Romans 8:38–39 

But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not consider His appearance or his height, for I have rejected Him. The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.” — 1 Samuel 16:7

I am above all things: your problems, your pain, and the swirling events in this ever-changing world. When you behold My Face, you rise above circumstances and rest with Me in heavenly realms. This is the way of Peace, living in the Light of My Presence. I guarantee that you will always have problems in this life, but they must not become your focus. When you feel yourself sinking in the sea of circumstances, say, “Help me, Jesus!” and I will draw you back to Me. If you have to say that thousands of times daily, don’t be discouraged. I know your weakness, and I meet you in that very place. 


Ephesians 2:6; Matthew 14:28–32; Isaiah 42:3 

A bruised reed He will not break, and a smoldering wick He will not snuff out. In faithfulness He will bring forth justice. — Isaiah 42:3
-Sarah young

No comments:

Post a Comment