Thursday, January 7, 2021

Happiness

When Bill Borden, son of the wealthy Bordens, went out to China as a missionary, many of his friends thought he was foolish to "waste his life," as they put it, "trying to convert a few heathens to Christianity".  But Bill loved Christ and he loved teh Chinese people!

He hadn't been there very long before he contracted a disease native to that area and died. At his bedside they found a note that he written while he was dying. It simply read: 

"No reserve, no retreat, and no regrets."

Bill had found more happiness in his few years of sacrificial service than most people find in a lifetime.
"I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength. Philip. 4:12-13
-billy graham

No comments:

Post a Comment