Tuesday, August 17, 2021

....never

 
I love to share about the meaning behind Hebrews 13:5.  

In English, the verse has a very simple, powerful, promise from God.  "God has said, 'Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you!'"  Some translations read, "I will never leave you; I will never forsake you."

What does 'never' mean? 
In the original Greek, "never" is really a compounding of five negatives.  Each negative is not added to another. Rather, each negative is multiplied by the other.  The verse actually reads in the original Greek, "I will never, no, not ever, no never leave you or forsake you!"  (It called a synergistic compounding negative.)    It's a forever never which has no exceptions!

What does 'leave' mean?
In the Greek, it means "to leave behind, to abandon, to give up on, to send back."  So far, then, our verse reads: "I will never, no not ever, no never leave you behind, abandon you, give up on you, or send you back!"

What does 'forsake' mean?
In the Greek, it means, "to leave one in a helpless state, to disregard."  It also can be further expanded to include "not relaxing in my watchfulness over you." So, this verse, then, amplified from the original Greek, reads: "I will never, no not ever, no never give up on you, abandon you, leave you behind, leave you helpless, nor will I ever relax in my watchfulness over you!!!!"

Wow!!!!  What a promise!!!  

God will always be there for us!!!  

He will never forsake us!!!
-dave langerfeld

No comments:

Post a Comment