Thursday, January 6, 2022

...regrets

When Bill Borden, son of the wealthy Bordens, went out to China as a missionary, many of his friends thought he was foolish to "waste his life," as they put it, "trying to convert a few heathens to Christianity".  But Bill loved Christ and he loved the Chinese people!

He hadn't been there very long before he contracted a disease native to that area and died.  At his death, his family found the following written in the back of his Bible.  "No reserve, no retreat, and no regret."

Bill had found more happiness in his few years of sacrificial service than most people find in a lifetime.
"I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me". Philippians 4:12-13
-david langerfeld

No comments:

Post a Comment