Thursday, April 27, 2023

....enabled

 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

Most people own a calendar or an appointment book in which they record details of future commitments. A Christian friend of mine uses one in the opposite way. He doesn't record key activities until after they've taken place.

Here's his approach: Each morning he prays, "Lord, I go forth in Your strength alone. Please use me as You wish." Then, whenever he accomplishes something unusual or difficult, he records it in his diary in the evening.

For example, he may write, "Today I was enabled to share my testimony with a friend." "Today God enabled me to overcome my fear through faith." "Today I was enabled to help and encourage a troubled person."

My friend uses the word enabled because he knows he couldn't do these things without God's help. By recording each "enabling," he is giving God all the glory. Relying constantly on God's strength, he can testify with the Apostle Paul, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Philippians 4:13.

As you enter each new day, ask God to strengthen and use you. You can be sure that as your look back on your day, you'll praise and glorify the Lord as you realize what He has enabled you to do. 
- paul vangorder

No comments:

Post a Comment