Monday, April 24, 2023

....feeding

In one of my early pastorates I asked one of my church members how she was getting along in her Christian life. She replied: “Very poorly. My life is a disgrace to me and to the church; it is a disgrace to Jesus Christ. I don’t understand why it is.” 

“Do you study your Bible every day?” I asked. “Oh, no; but I study it occasionally, when I have time.” 
A little baby was lying in a baby-carriage near by, and I said: “suppose you should feed that baby once in two hours today and once in six hours tomorrow, then let it go without eating at all for three or four days because you were busy, and then go back and feed it every two hours the next day, and keep up that process; do you think the child would grow?” 

The point was obvious and she understood.  No other words needed to be spoken.  Just as babies and children need regular nourishment, we, God’s children, need spiritual nourishment on a regular basis as well.    
- steve blair

 

No comments:

Post a Comment