Thursday, February 12, 2015

failure

Like Babe Ruth, Ty Cobb was one of the greatest baseball players who's ever played the game. Ty Cobb was known for stealing bases. They said when Ty Cobb would be on first base and he'd start for second, the catcher would fake to second, then throw the ball to third to try and block Ty Cobb when he slid into home. He truly was a base-stealer. But you know, he was thrown out more than any other man in baseball trying to steal bases.

Babe Ruth, the greatest baseball home-run hitter of all time, struck out more than any other man in baseball. He held the record, not only for home runs, but for strike outs!

These men didn't let their failures stop them. They kept striving to achieve their goal.

Fix your goal!
Face your faults.
Forget your failures. Failure in the spiritual life, in the Christian life, is not final. Your problem is that you may have only a certain assessment of yourself. Yes, you'll face your faults, but you won't forget your failures. Today is the day. Forget your failures!

"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 3:12-14)

No comments:

Post a Comment