Thursday, February 12, 2015

lesson

 Matthew 6:10 - "Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven."

  Some time ago I was invited to speak at a college in another state, and my schedule was such that I could not come. When they offered to send a private plane, I agreed.
 
As we flew over Arkansas, the pilot asked me if I wanted to try my hands at flying the plane. I said, "Yes." Of course, he was sitting right next to me. He could fly it without me, but I couldn't fly it without him. He had his hands on the controls with me. He allowed me to participate with  him.
 
That's the way prayer is. God can do it without you, but God enables you to have fellowship with Him and teaches you a dependency upon Him.

 Sing unto the LORD, all the earth; shew forth from day to day his salvation. Declare his glory among the heathen; his marvelous works among all nations.  For great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised: he also is to be feared above all gods. For all the gods of the people are idols: but the LORD made the heavens. 1 Chronicles 16:23-26 (KJV)
-adrian rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment