Thursday, July 23, 2015

....let...


"The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord; and he delights in his way.  Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; for the Lord upholds him with his hand." (Psalm 37:23-24)

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and he will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3:5-6)

As a child, I would try and cut the grass with my Dad. The lawnmower was wayyyyy too big for me, but I was only trying to help my dad out. One day he decided he was going to take a break.

But I didn’t feel like taking a break. So, when he went in the house, I began to cut the grass myself. Of course, it didn’t work out too well because the mower was too big for me and my Dad really didn’t need my help. I simply needed to learn how to let Dad do what he knew how to do.

There are times in our lives in which it seems like God has gone in the House and has forgotten about our situation. When we see that He is not moving, we decide to take matters into our own hands, only to end up messing things up. We have to learn to allow our Father to do our Father knows how to do, when He wants to do it, and how he wants to do it.

As tempting as it gets, we cannot give in to the self-induced temptation to help God out, because the situations we face are wayyyyy too big for us to handle. Therefore, it’s time to put down the mental calculators, put away our clocks, put away our solutions, put our ideas aside, step away, and simply “let God be God.”

-timothy jackson,jr

No comments:

Post a Comment