Thursday, July 23, 2015

ground


I was driving to work and listening to a Christian radio station when the song "I Could Sing Of Your Love Forever" came on. I have no idea what came over me. As soon as this praise song began, I felt tears running down my face. There I was, almost at work, and I could hardly see to drive because of a song. 

What was going on? I sat in my car after I arrived at work, trying to figure it out.

Then it struck me. The song reminded me that while another day of normal activity was beginning here on earth,  Jesus and the heavenly hosts were fulfilling the hope of that song in heaven. I pictured them brightly singing of God's love, getting a head start on the rest of us in that forever song. It was a bittersweet moment of understanding their joy while being reminded again of God goodness.
Much of life is like that - joys and sorrows intermingled, making reminders of God's glory so vital. In the sadness of life, we need the anticipation of joy, the joy that comes from singing of God's love and enjoying His presence forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment