Wednesday, April 5, 2017

moms


Have you ever heard your mother say any of these things?

Don't run with that thing -- if you trip, you'll put your eye out. If you keep making that face, it'll stick. Don't run in the house. You're gonna wear THAT? We're almost there. Don't chew with your mouth open. Don't talk with your mouth full. No, you can't have that -- it'll spoil your dinner. I don't care what his mother says, you're not going. Don't put that in your mouth -- you don't know where it's been. Because those vegetables are good for you...and the children in China are starving. Just because everyone else is doing it doesn't mean you have to. If everyone else jumped off the Golden Gate bridge, would you? Don't ask me, ask your father. Close the door -- were you raised in a barn? Get your elbows off the table. Who said life was supposed to be fair? Always say please and thank you. Don't give me any of your lip, young lady. As long as you live under my roof, you'll live by my rules. I'll tell you why -- because I said so, that's why. Sit up straight! You wanna cry, I'll give you a reason to cry! If I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times. You want something to do? I'll give you something to do. This is your last warning. I'm not just talking to hear my own voice! What part of NO don't you understand? Shut up and answer me! I don't care what other people are doing -- I'm not everybody else's mother! You're not leaving my house dressed like that! What will other parents think? Don't use that tone with me! If I catch you doing that one more time, I'll... Act your age. Wipe your feet! Don't make me stop the car! Don't roll those eyes at me! What did I just get finished telling you?

Motherhood -- it's not just a job, it's an adventure! May all mothers (and especially godly ones) be honored not only this weekend, but throughout the year. What a blessing you are!  

"Her children rise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her." (Prov. 31:28)

Give thanks to God for your mother and the mother of your children, and let them know how much you love and appreciate them!

No comments:

Post a Comment