Saturday, July 4, 2020

...storm

There was a ship at sea in time of storm. 
The passengers were in great distress. 

After a while one of them, against orders, went up on deck and made his way to the pilot. The seaman was at his post of duty at the wheel, and when he saw the man was greatly frightened, he gave him a reassuring smile. 

Then the passenger turned and went back to the other passengers and said, "I have seen the pilot and he smiled, 'All is well.'" 

When our small boat of life is storm-tossed and our hearts are fearful, we may push through the storm to our Pilot who is standing at the wheel, and when we see His face we shall know that all is well.

"You are my lamp, O LORD; the LORD turns my darkness into light.  
With your help I can advance against a troop; 
with my God I can scale a wall" 2 Samuel 22:29-30
-robert l stevenson

No comments:

Post a Comment