Sunday, May 26, 2024

.....weakness

"He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my strength is made perfect in weakness.'" 2 Corinthians 12:9

I always enjoy talking with my old college friend Kajole and getting caught up on what the Lord has been teaching us since we last met.

One day Kajole began with a sheepish grin, "You know, I can't believe how many years it has taken me to learn my latest lesson - and I'm a Bible teacher!" He went on to list some of the trials and testings he and his family had been facing and how unworthy he felt teaching an adult Sabbath school class. "Week after week I felt like I was a total failure," he confided, "and kept wondering if this might be my last Saturday before announcing my resignation."

Then one Sabbath a young woman stayed after class to speak to Kajole. She was a friend of his family, so she  knew what they had been going through. "Kajole," she said, "I hope you won't take this the wrong way, but you're a much better teacher when you're going through tough times."

Kajole smiled as he told me, "Only then did I feel that I grasped the Lord's response to Paul's thorn in the flesh: 'My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness"' 2 Corinthians 12:9.

When we recognize how much we need God, He will strengthen us. That's the "Advantage of Weakness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment