Thursday, September 1, 2016

growing


Many of you have seen a list of "bulletin bloopers." These, however, are fairly new (at least, to me). I believe these can be found in a book called "Anguished English" by Richard Lederer:

Women's Luncheon: Each member bring a sandwich. Polly Phillips will give the medication.

Hymn: "It is Well with my Solo"

Congratulations to Tim and Rhonda on the birth of their daughter October 12 thru 17.

Diana and Don request your presents at their wedding.

For the word of God is quick and powerful...piercing even to the dividing asunder of soup and spirit.

We pray that our people will jumble themselves.

Janet Smith has volunteered to strip, and refinish the communion table in the sanctuary.

Were you there when they laid Him in the bomb?

Mark your calendars not to attend the church retreat.

My joke is easy and my burden is light.

I was hungry and you gave me something to eat; I was thirty and you gave me drink.

We are an autonomous body, operating under the hardship of Jesus Christ.

Hymn: I am Thin, O Lord.

I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, even though he diets, yet shall be live.

Our regular service will be gin at 11:00 a.m.

When parking on the north side of the church, please remember to park on an angel.

Jean will be leading a weight-management series Wednesday nights. She's used the program herself and has been growing like crazy!

I realize that a weight-management class is not where you want to be seen "growing like crazy," but that phrase should certainly describe our Christian lives. Growth is not only healthy, it is absolutely essential. Parents would worry about a child that looks the same at the age of 5 as he did at the age of 2. We expect growth.

The same is true in our spiritual lives. If we are just the same as we were five or ten years ago, then something's wrong -- we're not growing. May our goal be to grow closer and closer to the likeness of Jesus day by day (2 Cor. 3:18).

"But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and forever. Amen." (2 Peter 3:18)

No comments:

Post a Comment