Tuesday, October 11, 2016

diversity


How many dogs does it take to change a light bulb?

Golden Retriever: The sun is shining. The day is young. We've got our
whole lives ahead of us. And you're inside worrying about a stupid,
burned-out light bulb?

Border Collie: Just one. Not only that, but I'll replace any wiring that's
not up to code.

Dachshund: I can't reach the lamp!

Toy Poodle: I'll just talk sweet to the Border collie and he'll do it. By
the time he finishes rewiring the house, my nails will be dry.

Rottweiler: Go ahead! Make me!

Lab: Oh, me, me!!! Pleeeeeeze let me change the light bulb! Can I? Can
I? Huh? Huh? Can I?

Malamute: Let the Border collie do it. You can feed me while he's busy.

Doberman Pinscher: While it's dark, I'm going to sleep on the couch.

Chihuahua: Yo quiero Taco Bulb.

Pointer: I see it, there it is, right there...

Greyhound: It isn't moving. Who cares?

Australian Shepherd: Put all the light bulbs in a little circle...

Old English Sheep Dog: Light bulb? I'm sorry, but I don't see a light bulb.

Hound Dog: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

It's obvious that dogs are different. They have different personalities, they excel in different areas. Some have great hunting skills, others have great herding skills, still others are ideal playmates for our children.

It's also obvious that Christians are different. We have different personalities, we excel in different areas. Some have great leadership skills, others have great communication skills, still others are ideal teachers of our children.

Our goal is not to be exactly like every other Christian. Our goal is to take whatever gifts God has given us and use them to His glory.

"But now God has set the members, each one of them, in the body just as He pleased. And if they were all one member, where would the body be? But now indeed there are many members, yet one body." (I Cor.
12:18-20)

Praise be to God for his ability to use our diversity within the body of Christ!
-alan smith

No comments:

Post a Comment