Tuesday, October 11, 2016

owe


Here are some sports quotes reported from England:

"And here's Moses Kiptanui, the 19-year-old Kenyan, who turned 20 a few weeks ago." (David Coleman)

"We now have exactly the same situation as we had at the start of the race, only exactly the opposite." (Murray Walker)

After playing Cameroon in the 1990 world cup finals: "We didn't underestimate them. They were just a lot better than we thought." (Bobby Robson)

"I was in a no-win situation, so I'm glad that I won rather than lost." (Frank Bruno)

"The lead car is absolutely unique, except for the one behind it which is identical." (Murray Walker)

"There have been injuries and deaths in boxing, but none of them serious." (Alan Minter)

"Just under 10 seconds for Nigel Mansel. Call it 9.5 seconds in round numbers." (Murray Walker)

"I'll fight Lloyd Honeyghan for nothing if the price is right." (Marlon Starling)

"If history repeats itself, I should think we can expect the same thing again." (Terry Venables)

"The Queen's Park Oval, exactly as its name suggests, is absolutely round." (Tony Crozier)

"I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father." (Greg Norman)

Like Greg Norman, we all owe our parents a great deal. We're mindful not only of the physical needs which they met, but such things as the love they have shown, the example they have set, and the chastisement they have administered (yes, even the chastisement). I owe my parents all of these things, and so much more. Perhaps most meaningful were the words of wisdom which guided me in the right direction (though not always appreciated at the time). The words of Solomon speak to me:

"My son, keep your father's commands, and don't forget your mother's teaching. Keep their words in mind forever as though you had them tied around your neck. They will guide you when you walk. They will guard you when you sleep. They will speak to you when you are awake. These commands are like a lamp; this teaching is like a light. And the correction that comes from them will help you have life." (Prov. 6:20-23, NCV).

Say a special prayer of thanks to God for your parents -- especially your mother and father!
-alan smith

No comments:

Post a Comment