Tuesday, May 29, 2018

I

God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” (NIV) Exodus 3:14

As I re-read the Exodus story I was more in awe as I saw. . .
God’s kindness in giving the obedient midwives families of their own (1:20)
God’s sovereignty in the preservation of the Jews and in the preservation of Moses’ life (2:6)
God’s patience as He molded Moses for 40 years in the desert
God’s faithfulness to His purposes in remembering His covenant with Abraham, with Isaac and with Jacob. (2:24-25)
God’s listening ear that hears His people’s cries and is concerned about them (2:24-25)
God’s power over nature with the burning bush (3:2-8)
God’s holiness symbolized in the fire (3:2-8)
God’s presence turning an ordinary place into “holy ground” (2:5)
God’s personal touch as He communicated with Moses (2:6)
God’s redemption as He brings the people out of Egypt
God’s purposes and plans which prevail

My faith is increased when I remember that God has not changed! He is still kind and patient and personal with me. He is still sovereign and powerful with plans that prevail in my life. He is still holy and hates sin and yet, redeemed me. He is still faithful to His promises for me. He is still present and listening and active in my life and my world. How about you? When you take the time to reflect upon God, what do you see? And how is He increasing your faith today?
-mike kruger

No comments:

Post a Comment