Tuesday, May 29, 2018

promise

The LORD Almighty has sworn, “Surely, as I have planned, so it will be, and as I have purposed, so it will stand. (NIV) Isaiah 14:24

Last year we heard candidate after candidate make promises about what he or she would do if elected to office. The elections in the US change the future of individual candidates, of communities, of states, and of our nation. Some who thought they would be spending 2 to 6 years in Washington disappointedly stayed home. Others who did not think they would win an elected position, are serving in new offices. Communities and states are experiencing changes as their elected officials determine policies and laws for their citizens. And our country experiences change as well. With every election, the future changes. Isn’t it comforting that our eternal future is not determined by votes!?! And isn’t it comforting to know that our future in Heaven is secure in the unchanging promises of God.

** Jesus said: “Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on him.” (NIV) John 3:36

** And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession– to the praise of his glory. (NIV) Ephesians 1:13-14

** Jesus said: “And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all that he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.” (NIV) John 6:39-40

** Jesus said: “I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. I and the Father are one.” (NIV) John 10:28-30

** Jesus said: “For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him.” (NIV) John 17:2

I don’t know about you, but when it comes to my future. . . my eternal future. . .I’m banking on the unchanging promises of God!
-murji kruger

No comments:

Post a Comment