Saturday, February 29, 2020

...more

This day, this precious, wonderful gift has been bestowed upon me free! 
And whatever I choose to do with it remains entirely up to me.
I could squander these given hours, treat each task as if it's a chore 
And mark this day off my calendar like so many times before.
I could overlook the blooming flowers and ignore the sun's warm light 
Before it inevitably sets again, turning my gift of day to night.
I could dwell upon mistakes I've made and cry regretful tears 
And live my life in the shadow of my own anxieties and fears.
Or I could make a resolution, before one more day has passed, 
That I shall live it to its fullest, live it...as it if were my last.
Then I shall, as I awaken, relinquish my fret and my sorrow 
And accept one more day to love and laugh with no guarantee of tomorrow.
At night, as I lay down my head only to wake again, I'll pray, 
And if I do, then I'll thank God for giving me "One More Day."
-linda ellis

"Yesterday is a dream. 
Tomorrow is a vision. 
But today, well lived, makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope."

No comments:

Post a Comment