Wednesday, March 25, 2020

...seasons

I am the springtime, 
when everything seems so fine. 
Whether rain or sunshine, you will find me playing. 
Days full of pretending. 
When a dime is a lot to be spending. 
A time when life is beginning. 
I am the springtime.

I am the summer. 
When the days are warm and longer. 
When the call comes to wander, but I can't go far from home. 
When the girls become a mystery. 
When you're barely passing history. 
And thinking old is when you're thirty. 
I am the summer.

And I am the autumn days. 
When changes come so many ways. 
Looking back I stand amazed that time has gone so quickly. 
When love is more than feelings. 
It's fixing bikes and painting ceilings. 
It's when you feel a cold wind coming. 
I am the autumn days.

I am the winter. 
When days are cold and bitter. 
And the days I can remember number more than the days to come. 
When you ride, instead of walking. 
When you barely hear the talking. 
And goodbyes are said too often. 
I am the winter... 
But I'll see springtime in heaven, 
and it will last forever.
-steve, annie chapman

No comments:

Post a Comment